This semester I have two 8:30 AM classes so needless to say, I will be practicing and perfecting my 10-minute face. Sometimes I get a little self-confident about my “skills” and attempt more extravagant looks. But most of the time, I go with this look so that I can get to class on time!
It begins with a light and easy base. I apply some concealer on blemishes, a bit of concealer under my eyes and a powder foundation all over. I put an eye primer on and slap on a nude matte shadow. I curl my eyelashes (super crucial or else my lashes completely fall flat), apply waterproof mascara and fill in my brows. I bronze all over with a big bronzer blush and apply a highlighting 2-in-1 blush. I finish with a coloured but easy lip to pull everything together. If I have the extra couple minutes, I will put on a bright lip because, you know, I love lipstick. Also, lipstick brightens the face and its abilities to pull together a look are miraculous.
Since I have a pretty extensive makeup collection, I try to rotate all the products I use, even if I am running late. I have to show all my products some love, you know? But, here is a list of well-loved standbys for when I really do not have the time to dig around for different products.
1. MAC Studio Finish Concealer
2. Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer
3. Laura Mercier Mineral Powder
4. NARS Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base
5. Urban Decay Foxy from the Naked Basics Palette
6. Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler + CoverGirl Lash Blast Volume Waterproof Mascara (top lashes) and CoverGirl Clump Crusher Waterproof Mascara (bottom lashes)
7. Maybelline Define-A-Brow in Medium Brown
8. Benefit Hoola Bronzing Powder
9. NARS Luster Blush
10. Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector in Rose Shimmer or Apricot Shimmer