After a relaxing and wonderful holiday break, I’m feeling rejuvenated and motivated for 2015. One of my goals for the new year is to work on improving and growing my blog. In 2014, my posts were a little sporadic and I want to change that by updating more frequently. In addition, I want to focus on my photography (lighting is the bane of my existence!!) and writing skills and really work at making this blog the best that it can be. Now that these resolutions are in print and on the Internet, I can hold myself accountable for my actions.
To start off the new year, I wanted to write up a blog post on some of my favourite products from 2014. In order to keep the list as open and accurate as possible, I gave myself no specific criteria to meet. Basically, I loved and used these products a lot in 2014 and are items that immediately came into my head when I think about my year in beauty. They may not have been newly released, discovered or even purchased in 2014, but they are products that I have used a ton through out the past year. I know that these are truly my top picks because I was able to recite them off the top of my head (or it just means that my brain is filled with too much beauty information haha).
1. NARS Laguna Bronzer: great for warming up the face and adding a bit of contour
2. NARS Luster Blush: a stunning coral blush that works with every look
3. MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation: the foundation for perfect skin, I love it so much that I have it in 3 different shades (spray tanned, regular sun tanned and winter skin haha)
4. Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder: makes my skin feel like silk and never looks cakey
5. Beauty Blender: the best tool for blending in undereye concealer because nothing looks worse than heavy concealer underneath the eyes
6. Essence Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner: lasts all day and dries matte, also super cheap
7. Smashbox Full Exposure Palette: perfect for creating matte eye looks but can be amped up with shimmer as well
8. Maybelline Lash Sensational Waterproof Mascara: the perfect drugstore mascara for holding a curl and creating major volume, the packaging is also super cute (most drugstore mascara tubes are so gaudy and tacky)
9. Laura Mercier Sandglow Caviar Stick Eye Colour: the perfect colour to apply on my lower lashline for some definition, without ever being too dark
10. The Face Shop Design My Eyebrow Pencil: my everyday eyebrow product, creamy enough that it is easy to apply but dry enough that it stays all day
11. Physicians Formula Eye Booster Eyeliner: the perfect eyeliner for creating precise wings because of the ultra skinny brush tip
12. Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette: the perfect matte shades for creating day and night looks, also super compact so great for travel
13. MAC Stripdown Lip Pencil: the perfect nude lip pencil because it is not too light nor too dark which helps with matching many neutral lipsticks
14. MAC Yash Lipstick: my favourite matte nude lipstick, even above my other MAC picks